Re: jaws announcing spelling errors

  • From: Anthony P Schnurr <aschnurr@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 14:27:21 -0400

Judith,
To here this functionality in Word try the following:
1.  While in Word, press JAWS key+v to open the verbosity menu.
2.  Press down arrow until you here spelling and grammar.
3.  Press the spacebar until you here spelling grammar on plus count.
4.  Press enter to close and save this setting.
Note:  There three settings for spelling and grammar; off, onn and onn
plus count.  In Word, these verbosity settings are saved.
I believe this will only work if you have check spelling as you type
checked in Options/tools.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
written agreement or government initiative expressly permitting the use of
e-mail for such purpose.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Judith Bron <jbron@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
09/28/2006 13:28
Please respond to
jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
jaws announcing spelling errors

On my old system I had jaws announcing spelling errors in the document and
announcing the number of spelling errors at the end of the line.  How can
I invoke this function?  Thanks, Judith