Re: jaws and windows question

  • From: "Tom Lange" <trlange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 19:44:52 -0800

Hi,
You wrote:
Does anyone know how to check with jaws if we have windows 32 or 64 bits?

  Yep.  Here's what I do on my Windows 7 machine.

  1. Hold down the Windows key and press the pause/break key.  On a standard PC
keyboard that will be the rightmost key in the group of three keys that's above
the six-pack.  Using this key combination brings up System Properties.

  2. Next, route JAWS to PC witn insert+the JAWS cursor key, numpad minus. The
JAWS cursor becomes active.

  3.  Arread the window using your up and down arrows.  Review this window
thoroughly, and you will notice whether or not it's a 32-bit or 64-bit
operating system. You'll also find out your processor specs and how much memory
(RAM) is available.

  That's it in a nutshell.

  Hope this helps.

  Tom