Re: jaws and video intercept error

  • From: Pranav Lal <pranav.lal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 05:42:32 +0530

Lisa-maree,

If Jack's instructions do not work, then upgrade the video drivers and try
the installation. I recently had to install jfw on a compaq laptop. The
setup wont continue. It kept stating that it could not install the video
intersept driver. The tech who was helping went to the compaq web site and
downloaded upggraded video drivers and after installing them jfw installed.

Pranav
At 08:32 PM 2/27/2005, Jack Lowe wrote:
Hi Lisa-maree,

Well, you're not stuck.  The easy way around this is to uninstall Jaws,
then put
in the video card and all of the video card drivers.  Then reinstall jaws
after
the card is completely installed.  The other way is a little more
work.  You
have to turn off the Jaws video intercept manager to install the video
drivers.
I've had to do this on more than one occasion.  What version of Jaws are
you
running?  Jack