RE: jaws and video card problem

  • From: "harald van Breederode" <harald.van.breederode@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 20:19:01 +0100

Hi Matthew,

You have to be in the Administrator group if you want to install JAWS
successfully.
And if your Administrator account has been renamed you have to be logged in on
that account.
I struggled with this myself last summer when I got my new Dell laptop.

As long as the video intercept is not installed correctly, JAWS is more or less
useless. It can not grab text from the screen if it is not highlighted.
So getting the video intercept in place is crucial.

Hope this helps.

-Harald