Re: jaws and the thumb drive

  • From: "Patricia" <bcsarah.fan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 17:36:12 -0700

okay. so I downloaded and installed JAWS onto the thumb drive, and thought I would see how it worked on my parents computer, who don't have a liscence of JAWS on it. with sighted assistance, the video intercept drivers were installed, and as luck would have it I was one of those people who got a dongle before JAWS had ILM. So I thought I could use that, since FS said that you could authorize an unliscencd version of JAWS if you had a dongle. yet, when I started up JAWS it had the general 801 as it's serial number. but when I went into dongle viewer on the USB drive, it showed my serial number. the minutes kept ticking by. someone wanted to use the computer and didn't want the annoyance of JAWS so shut it down before I could see what would happpen. is this standard practice not to see my serial number in the about dialog box? what is wrong otherwise?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Allison Mervis" <allisonfm@xxxxxxxxx>