Re: jaws and msword

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 17:11:48 -0800

Here's a way to load the normal.dot file that's a little less trouble: Find
the file in Windows Explorer as described below. Now just hit Enter on it.
Just as would happen with any Word document file, if Word's already open
then normal.dot will simply load into Word. If Word isn't open at the
moment, Word will launch and normal.dot will open in it. So if you've gone
to the bother of locating it under Documents and Settings, you won't have to
launch Word, then put up the Open screen, then type in the path and
filename. Again, this will work just the same as if you'd located a Word
document by looking around in Windows Explorer and clicked on its filename.

Now of course, if you're sitting in Word and you want to open the normal.dot
file from there, of course you can call up the Open procedure and type in
the path and filename and press Enter. But if you're already at the filename
in Windows Explorer, there's no need to do that.

Hope that's helpful.