Re: jaws and hardware synthesizers

  • From: "Philip Hall" <phall1246@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 23:40:39 -0400

Hi Jerry. I can speak from personal experience, jaws for dos works just fine on my dual processor 2.5 GHZ machine running dos 6.22 or dos 7. the only problem with jaws for dos, and this has a been a bug in jaws for as long as I can remember, is at midnight, jaws for dos starts to spell in sead of read word by word. you only have to unload and reload it again and it will be fine for the next 24 hours.
I don't know about a usb synthesizer that works under dos. I haven't found a reliable usb driver for dos. I did find one that claimed to work, and I tried it with ghost to burn an image to a dvd burner, and it would hang after a few minutes.

phil

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jerry Neufeld" <jerry.neufeld@xxxxxxxxxx>