Re: jaws and ftp

  • From: "Andrew Johnson" <akj31890@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 22:38:51 -0400

MessageSome basic information about FTP: FTP stands for file transfer protocol.
It's a method of downloading and uploading files from a server. You know how
you would normally type in http://www.yourdomain.com to go see the content of a
website? Well, if the site has an FTP server (which it probably does), you can
go to ftp.yourdomain.com.
There are many ways to upload and download files. Internet Explorer has a
built-in client, which is adequate but doesn't give you anything too special.
You'll want to get a system like CuteFTP. CuteFTP is a shareware program that
lets you access FTP servers.
It's very useful, especially if you're a webmaster looking for quick and easy
methods of transferring information. Try it out!

Andrew