Re: jaws and free ftp client, right on your computer

  • From: "Jerry Richer" <jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 08:32:11 -0400

I don't know of an FTP client in Outlook Express or Outlook.  Did you mean
"Internet Explorer"?  It's free, it works great, I and many others use it
professionally every day.  It's really amongst the most accessible features of
Windows.
     For practice I ask people to:

! Press windows-r for the Run dialogue
! Type "ftp://acbradio.org";
! Press "Enter"

     I pick on ACB Radio because there are things there to download and there
are no Username and Password required.
     You should get what looks just like a "My Computer" window and it behaves
the same way.
     If this doesn't work for you Try going to "Internet Options", "Advanced"
tab and under "Browser" be sure that the two references to FTP are checked.

Chirp|Chirp|Chirp: It's the Bat, Chirping Bat .Com