Re: jaws and facebook chat

  • From: "Rick Miller" <mil9@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 14:08:59 -0800

Have you used it successfully?  If so, then maybe you can help me out.

I have tried sending a message using Facebook Chat.  I have JAWS 11.  When I
log on to Facebook I go down to the "chat," link, check to see how many people
are online, and press the Enter key.  When I see the name of the person I want
to chat with I hit the Enter key.  The edit field pops up.  I hit the Enter key
to turn on Forms Mode, write my message, then hit the Enter key to send it.
Nothing happens.  The person on the other end does not respond.  Am I doing
something wrong, or is JAWS just not functioning properly?

Also, when I hit the Enter key to go to the chat window, the total number of
people online is always one less than what was shown before I hit the Enter
key.  Why is this so?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Rick Miller