RE: jaws and dragon naturally speaking

  • From: "Pranav Lal" <pranav.lal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 06:31:30 +0530

Hi Alicia,

I am using Dragon naturally speaking version 8 to dictate this message to
you. For a good experience with Jaws for windows and dragon, you need a
middleware application. At the moment, the best one around is J-Say. The
primary advantage of J-Say is that it echoes what you have just said thereby
giving you feedback on what dragon is doing.

When Demos of this product are given, only standard tasks are demonstrated.
Please remember, that speech recognition takes a lot of training. You also
need to have the right kind of hardware. Also, in my experience, editing is
faster with the keyboard while dictating is faster when using speech.

By the way, the latest version of dragon is Dragon version 8 and not nine as
you had suggested.

Do let me know if you have any more questions on this technology. I would be
happy to answer them over e-mail or skype or MSN messenger.