jaws and auth count

  • From: Gery Gaubert <GGaubert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 13:18:11 -0600

The policy on resetting authorization is bull.  I pay my money to get the sma
and all and this is how customers get treated.  I work on many computers and
only 1 at a time.  People wonder why others pirate software.  This is why.
Used to be that you were allowed 3 activations and when you got to 1 you could
request a reset.  One way you can make sure you have a computer to work on is
to install all software and create a ghost image.  That way when you run into
problems you can just restore the system from the ghost image.  You will
probably need sighted help to install and use ghost.  Another thing you can do
is if you were a jaws user from way back when you can use teledisk to create a
copy of the old jaws authorization disk.  While the new functionality of jaws
won't be there you can run xp.  If you want, you can create 100 copies of the
auth disk.  As apple makes mainstream devices more accessible and other
companies make new devices and/or software,  fs will probably tighten things up
more.