Re: jaws and Yahoo web mail

  • From: "ryan west" <ryanwest47@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 21:47:56 -0700

Hello every one I kind of have some directions. You take them or leave them your choice.

Using Jaws for Windows with Yahoo Email

1.. Open Internet Explorer (Windows logo key/Internet Explorer)
2.. Press Alt + D to put focus in Address Bar
3.. Type "mail.yahoo.com" (no quotes)
4.. Type Username in Username text edit box, tab to Password text edit box and key in password. Wait for Mail Home Page to open.
5.. Use Links List (Insert + F7) to locate Inbox Link
6.. Press Enter to open Inbox
7.. Use Find (Ctrl + F) to locate "Size." Press Escape to close Find box.
8.. Press Tab Key, Jaws will read you the name of the sender of this email.
9.. Press Tab Key a second time, Jaws will read you the Subject of this email.
10.. Press Enter to open mail.
11.. Use Links List to open "Printable View" link.
12.. Press Alt + V to open View menu, press F to open Full Screen view.
13.. Press Insert + down arrow, and Jaws will read the email to you.
14.. After reading, use Links List to "Close Window"
15.. Press Alt + Tab to make email window active again.
16.. To Reply to this email, press Tab until you get to the "Reply" button.
17.. Use Insert + Number Pad Minus sign to route Jaws cursor to P C cursor.
18.. Press enter to open "Compose" Window (Recipient's email address is already entered for you, and selection point is already in the text window.)
19.. After typing your message, press Tab until you get to the "Send" button. (About 7 or 8 links down the road.)
20.. Use Insert + Number Pad Minus sign to route Jaws cursor to P C cursor. Press "Enter" to send email.
21.. Return to your Inbox by using Links List to go to "Inbox" link.
22.. Repeat the procedure until there's no more email to deal with!!
23.. Use the Links List to find the "Sign Out" link. Pressing "Enter" will close your email box until you need to open it again.
Ryan West

Email:  ryanwest47@xxxxxxxxxxx

Msn messenger, and Skype sign in:  ryanwest47

Each day after your born is one day closer to your death so make every day a special one!
----- Original Message ----- From: "chevelle" <chevelle33@xxxxxxxxxxx>