Re: jaws 7 constantly losing focus

  • From: "Blake Sinnett" <frequency660@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 08:28:37 -0600

lol Isn't that the truth! I'm running my old, old, old computer that has windows 98 and JAWS 6.0. It's running just fine, and it has a 2GB hard drive, and 32MB of non-removable ram. It isn't the fastest thing around, but it does the job for what I want it to do.

"frequency660@xxxxxxxxxxx" is a NetIBA certified email address. Certificate #1070793E. Please visit NetIBA at http://www.netiba.com/?22912

From: "Ricque" <ricque@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: jaws 7 constantly losing focus
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 00:12:58 -0500

And what do you base your statement on?
I have been using Jaws on machines for 5 years with no real problems on far
less than 512mb of ram.
You really can't draw an accurate conclusion,
since there are so many different brands of computers, with different
configurations, different hardware, user habits, and the list goes on and
on.
While 512mb of ram might be necessary on one system,it may not make any
difference on another.
Like I said, I am using less than 512mb, on 3 different machines, and don't
experience the problems stated by others.
But then again, I am not using their systems.

Ricque E-Mail: ricque@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Windows Messenger: ricque@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ----- Original Message ----- From: "Pranav Lal" <pranav.lal@xxxxxxxxx> To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Thursday, February 09, 2006 6:55 PM Subject: Re: jaws 7 constantly losing focus

Hi,

128 MB of RAM is low by any standards. You should have at it least 512 MB
of RAM.

Pranav
That could be a problem. I'm only running a p3 1ghz, with 128mb ram.

From: "Douglas DeCamp" <ddecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 13:45:39 -0600

MessageWhile a lot of people seem to be having this problem, I have never
experienced this at all with JAWS 7.  Any time JAWS has lost focus there
was
a legitimate reason such as another task starting and grabbing focus.  In
addition, I have had virtually no crashes or lockups with JAWS 7.  The few
have had have been due to memory shortages caused by too many memory
intensive applications such as Acrobat reader, Microsoft Word, & OmniPage
all running at the same time.  I do not re-boot my system and find I am
generally good for at least a week without problems.  I use a 3.0 GHz
machine with 512 Meg memory and have found JAWS 7 to be nearly
flawless.  It
seems odd to me everyone else is having so much trouble.

----- Original Message ----- From: mark To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2006 8:05 PM Subject: jaws 7 constantly losing focus

Is it just me or is jaws really messing up? I have seen jaws switch to another program for no reason.

    I have xp home, jaws 7 pro, 1gig, 2.8 mhz.

    Getting really tired of alt tabbing to regain focus.

    Mark

    And this too shall pass away!