RE: jaws 6 with windows media 10

  • From: "Lisle, Ted \(CHFS DMS\)" <Ted.Lisle@xxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 08:00:08 -0500

That's about right.  Finalizing is the functional equivalent of
formatting, but you do it at the end of the process, rather than the
beginning.  Every commercial CD is mapped out with a TOC, so the
hardware can find it's way around the disk, and so you can choose the
cuts you want.  I have one homemade live CD where the guy burned the
whole thing as one track--talk a bout a pain in the neck trying to find
something.  Nonetheless, it's finalized, or it wouldn't work in anything
except the drive that made it.

Ted