jaws 5.00.844 saying "menu after working in a document in word for every program

  • From: "Shai Wolman" <shai@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 16:39:43 -0700

Hi I seem to be having some trouble with jaws 5.00.844, and this has happened
since the inception or rather since the installation really of jaws on to my
computer here which I thought could probably be fixed, or maybe the list knows
how I might be able to fix this or help me rather to fix this so this is why I
am sending an email about this issue by the way, I have set all of the
computers' settings to the recommended settings issued by Freedom Scientific
and every program seems to work fine also, since the inception of jaws
5.00.844, it has not said blank in a document like it used to in the other
version of jaws the regular jaws 5, but that's beside the point.
It seems as though, every time I am working on a document in word, save the
document and exit word, (this is word xp) by the way, and then go in to a
program such as outlook express or what ever other program, jaws will say menu
and not read things such as emails and things of that nature correctly for
example it will not say unread message from so and so or anything like this, it
will additionally not read the subjects either, I have tried refreshing the
screen maximizing the window, everything that I can do to try to get this
problem solved, but it seems as though the only solution is to reboot the
system totally and start all over again (by the way when I reboot) it seems
like before I reboot jaws is at the top of some kind of menu bar or something
which sounds kind of odd to me because when I go to start shut down and restart
(having to refresh the screen every time to see these things) also, because
otherwise, jaws can not read them when it is rebooting it will say leaving menu
bar.
By the way, this machine is running windows xp professional also, which I am
not sure if that makes a difference, but just mentioning it and it is a laptop,
by the way, it does the same thing on my desktop, which is running the same
version of windows.
Any help with this would be appreciated, as I'm kind of lost.
Thank you