Re: jaws 11 and net books

  • From: "Dan Beaver" <dbeaver888@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 09:51:54 -0400

Hi Carlos,

I recently purchased an Asus 1015 EEE PC netbook.  I also bumped the ram to
2 gb so I wouldn't have any slowness issues due to insufficient ram.  It is
running Windows 7 which took me a little to get used to but it wasn't bad.

I have found that the netbook uses several fn key combos to perform some key
functions.  Page-up is fn+cursor-up, page-down is fn+cursor-down, home is
fn+cursor-left and end is fn+cursor-right.  I hope these keys help. I do not
know if they will be exactly the same on your system.  However, you could
use the keyboard help to findout.

Also, I have found that using Jaws 10 some keys are not recognized by Jaws
on the netbook.  I have not found anyone who can tell me how to remedy this
issue.

I use NVDA for the most part on my netbook.  It recognizes all keystrokes.

I hope this helps.