Re: jaws 11 and alva bc640 braille display problem

  • From: Marijan Janev <janevm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2010 10:59:41 +0100

For the second question, you should pres ins+j and open the Braille settings, and tab several times and you can find translation table combo box. Here you can choose the right Braille table for the language you would like to use at that moment. There are several like Polish, Russian, Croatian,Chinese etc.

Zdenek Vopat said the following on 6.2.2010 10:00:
Hello lister:
I borrowed an alva bc640 braille display, I enncounter a following problem, let us say that I am standing on line 1 character 1 of the text. My braille display shows 40 characters of the line. I try to move the braille display to show next 40 characters but after half of a second my braille display returns back to the cursor. I was told that I should change something in jaws braille settings but I don't know what it shoulld be.
Can someone give me a hand?
I would like to also know what are the braille tables in jaws 11 in other words for which language I should use which braille table.
many thanks for your response.
Zdenek