Re: irregularities with computer

  • From: "Gary King" <w4wkz@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 15:51:31 -0500

Judith,

If text is disappearing only in MS Word, I would suspect that Word features like Floating Tool bars, the Office Assistant or the Task Pane might be covering up the text. If text is disappearing in other programs like Outlook Express also, you may have a problem with the driver for your video card and JAWS. Sometimes its hard to find a video driver that works well with JFW. You may want to get your Tech to try a different version of the driver.

The only difference in JAWS Standard and JAWS Pro is the authorization. If you try to run JAWS Standard with XP Pro, the authorization will fail, and JAWS will run as a 40-minute demo. If this is not happening to you, your version of JAWS is correct for your version of Windows.

Gary King
w4wkz@xxxxxxxx

----- Original Message ----- From: "Judith Bron" <jbron@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>