Re: installing JFD

  • From: Anna K Byrne <annakb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 08:29:08 -0500

I don't know if you can install JFD from a DOS window, but it would seem
that you should be able to.  The other way is to have it on a floppy, and
when you are booting the computer hit f8 to get to a menu that includes
DOS.  The menu has choices controlled by the function keys, and I believe
f3 is dos.  Once you get to DOS, put in the floppy and let it do its
thing.  You will need an external synthesizer supported by JFD.

Then in the JFW configuration manager, default settings, advanced, set JAWS
to use JAWS for DOS in a DOS window.

You will need JFD in the autoexec.bat and config.sys, and the install
should take care of that.  Then when you boot, JFD will speak a sentence or
two before you get into JFW.  And of course your computer will
automatically use JFD with DOS.  The commands are somewhat different from
JFW, but close enough that you should be able to figure them out without a
lot of trouble.

Good luck!