instalation of Windows to new drive

  • From: "Ray Foret Jr." <rforetjr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "JFW List" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 12:29:57 -0600

Hi,

    Is it at all possible for a blind person to install Windows to a
formatted hard drive?  Assuming that the only speech synthesizer I have is
Eloquence or some other software based speech synthesizer.  I was able to re
install my OS (Windows XP) over an already existing installation by removing
service pack 2 first, then, choosing to install windows as a "new install
advanced".  At that point, I informed the dialogue that I would need
accessibility to do the install.  When Windows was ready, Narrator came up
with the first question It needed to know.  This, mind you, was on the hard
drive I now have.  IF I put a formatted hard drive in my system, and make it
the master drive, will I at some point be able to use Narrator to install
Windows?  If not, is there any way to use JAWS to direct Windows to install
to a second hard drive as a slave or secondary drive?  Would the Windows
installation program found at the jfwlite page be any good for this sort of
thing?

Sincerely Yours,

The Constantly BAREFOOTED
Ray