Re: iie security

  • From: "Vicki Wherry" <amethyst17@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 05:25:55 -0700

I received an e-mail off-list, and I also found the following e-mail that I
had saved. I can't remember who sent it, and it didn't say. Here are the
instructions:

This procedure will allow Web sites to automatically prompt you when
downloading files and software (bypassing the Information Bar).

  1. Open Internet Explorer.
  2. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
  3. On the Security tab, click Custom Level.
  4. Do one or both of the following:

    a. To turn off the Information Bar for file downloads, in the Downloads
section of the list, under Automatic prompting for file downloads, click
Enable.
    b. To turn off the Information Bar for ActiveX controls, in the ActiveX
controls and plug-ins section of the list, under Automatic prompting for
ActiveX controls, click Enable.