Re: identifying the locations downloads will be saved in vista using jaws

  • From: "James Scholes" <jamesscholes@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 17:24:46 -0000

    Press alt and I

From: Michael Malver
Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2008 2:33 PM
To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bits@xxxxxxx
Subject: identifying the locations downloads will be saved in vista using jaws

I just went to download a file from the internet using internet explorer in
vista.  Because I could see the names of the files in the directory which was
selected, I knew where the file was going.

When I back tabbed over to the space which, in xp, would be the "save in" box,
"documents" is what jaws said.  I know the selected directory was not, in fact,
documents.

Is there a reliable way to get the name of the currently selected directory
when the  dialogue comes up to save a file when downloading? I assume this is
the same "save-as" dialogue which appears elsewhere in windows, though haven't
tried to prove it.

Thanks.