Re: i tunes

  • From: "Flint Million (jfw)" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 14:52:24 -0500 (CDT)

Being both a speech and large print user and also using an Apple machine
with the screen zoom feature built into OS X (which, by the way, can rival
Magic to a point and is completely free), I'm hoping Apple eventually
starts to work on accessibility for their Windows iTunes. The next release
of OS X is supposed to have a full-fledged screen reader built into it -
I'm not sure how good it will be but it shows an effort on their part. I
also heard a rumor a while back about the iPod becoming accessible via
Apple's speech technology (you'd be able to have it read to you what's
selected on screen and so on) - if Apple were to just make iTunes Windows
accessible and make the iPod speak, I can only imagine how many of us
blind folks would jump on that bandwagon! Seeing as how the iPod is
already regarded as one of the best MP3 players, making it accessible
would only do them more good! And it also has one of the highest
capacities - I think there is only one or two other players that beat it.