Re: how to turn on show hidden and system files

  • From: "Jerry Neufeld" <jerry.neufeld@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 16:16:01 -0400

Hello Linda.

Follow these steps:

1. go into the control panel and hit enter on folder options.

2. Once speech starts, control tab once, then tab once. You'll hear that you have approximately 17 parameters to adjust.

3. Listen carefully to each parameter and when you see show system files, check it. When you get to the hidden files box, be careful with the first parameter. You want it off. Microsoft is tricky here because they want you to leave hidden files hidden. So uncheck the, don't show hidden files option.

Other than this, just close the control panel and you should be in good shape. By the way, one of the things you will want uncheck, if I remember right, is, show file suffixes for know types only. It may be phrased differently, wanting to be checked rather than unchecked. The object here, of course, is to see all file suffixes, a very useful thing.

Good luck Linda.

Jerry

----- Original Message ----- From: "Linda Parent" <mslparent25@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>