Re: hot keys jaws 8

  • From: Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 19:10:00 -0700

Hi there,
Keyboard Manager is an application that is used to assign commands for events such as when JAWS selects an item or when you need to access some button within an application. The application is linked to JAWS scripts in a form of JAWS Keymap (jkm) file. Each list of commands are in fact script names for the application in question. For example, the command j, which is used to move to a specified line in Internet Explorer, is in fact tied to "JumpToLine" script in JAWS Script Source (jss) for Internet Explorer. Since this script is activated when you press a key, the jkm file (in this case, Keyboard Manager) contains this keystroke, which is written as follows:
j=JumpToLine

Cheers,
Joseph P.S. If you want me to, I can email you the details on JAWS scripts.