RE: help with jfw 5 and Microsoft Word

  • From: "emarquette" <emarquette@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 22:26:44 -0500

You are right.  I don't use 5.0 all that often, so I was unaware of this
act of self-inflicted brain damage on the product.
Among other abominations, the read attributes verbosity setting in MS
Word has been removed in Version 5.0.
There is a way you can determine attributes in the way you like, even in
5.0, but it is a long road.
In fact, it is ten times harder to get to, but here is what you do:
1.  When in MS Word, press Jaws key plus F-2.
2.  Then arrow to Configuration Manager (it is the first option).  Then,
hit Enter.
3. Next, arrow down to Sound manager.  Then press ENTER.
4.  Then, arrow down to "proofing."  It says something like "announces
attributes."  Then Press Enter.
5. Close everything.  When you get back to word, you should be able to
distinguish attributes.
Jaws key plus F is a whole lot quicker.

Ed Marquette
930 West 34th St.