Re: help with eudora with jfw

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 09:32:06 -0500

Hi Matthew
Actually it's not strange at all, because you probably haven't entered your friends incoming and outgoing smtp mail servers. If the server requires authentication, then you'll need to check the appropriate box.
Without this info, Eudora won't be able to retrieve your mail because you haven't told it which servers to contact.
So when you're in Eudora, go to tools/options, and then go down the different categories.
You'll find the incoming mail server under incoming mail, and the outgoing smtp server under sending mail.
It'll probably make more sense when you see it, but that's where it is.

At 05:06 PM 7/31/2005, you wrote:
Hi chris. When we first installed the program I had to fill in info about my incoming mail server, but when we open it on her computer and it just does not bring down the nail infect it keeps saying the authentication has failed on her server when transfering mail.It is really strange.

Matthew.

At 05:09 PM 7/31/2005, you wrote:
hi. You don't even need to do that.
If she has an internet connection, Eudora will recognize it and your mail will just come down.
So just ignore the whole directory of services thing altogether.

At 03:08 PM 7/31/2005, you wrote:
Hi list.

I am trying to help my friend set up eudora on her computer. She is running windows 98 se jfw 5 and eudora 6.2. I was able to help her set her prefrences, but we can not add the isp as a service. We went to directory of service, but there is only a quearty edit box and a list view which has 0 items. If someone could help us out with this asap it would be greatly appriseated.

Thanks.

Matthew

if you want to chat with me you can use msn at matthewdyer483@xxxxxxx
AIM: matTdD7

-- No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.338 / Virus Database: 267.9.7/60 - Release Date: 7/28/2005