re: help with JFW and clipboard

  • From: "Alan Clendinen" <alanclendinen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 07:36:44 -0400

Russel and others,

I have frequently found that after using the JFW clipboard, that I am unable
to override the clipboard contents when I try to copy text from a message in
Outlook Express. The work-around is to switch to NotePad or some other word
processor application, and type a few characters which you then highlight
and copy with Control + C. This wipes out the contents of the JAWS extended
clipboard, and then you can switch back to the Outlook Express message and
copy text to the clipboard.

Alan

Russel wrote:

I've had this same problem...after appending text to the clipboard and then
later choosing to overwrite the contents of the clipboard, the new copied
text doesn't get copied, and when I paste it's the old text I appended that
gets pasted. It's sort of hit or miss as to whether or not it works.

Cheers,

Russell