Re: hello question about voices

  • From: "Dave 'SqueezeBox' Carlson" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 10:21:06 -0800

I suspect that any real-style SAPI 5 voice you will have a delay. There is a
whole lot of processing going on. If you are moving through  standard folder
lists, etc. I recommend Eloquence as your default voice and use SAPI 5 only for
Say All Voice.

Then you can use SAPI 5 by pressing Ins-Down Arrow, or switch to Eloquence with
Alt-Ins-Down Arrow for reading large documents.

SAPI 5 is just too slow when doing normal Windows operations.

Dave