RE: head set

  • From: "Thomas J. Hesley" <pulse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 21:03:15 -0400

My JAWS talks through the WAVE input.  I still have a line input that I
could pan to the other channel if so desired.  I'm doing this now.  You also
have other inputs to choose from (like Microphone, phone line).  Of course,
the availability of these inputs depends on the actual sound card you have
installed.

You would have to configure your phone output software to use an input other
than WAVE.  But if that software supports it, it should be possible to have
JAWS in one ear and your phone conversation in the other, without buying
that exceedingly expensive head set from Plantronics.

Tom Hesley

http://tomhesley.com/