RE: hardware that are accessible with jaws

  • From: "Chris Hallsworth" <christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 21:26:09 +0100

Realtek is a sound card.

--
Chris Hallsworth
E-mail: christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
MSN: ch9675@xxxxxxxxxxx
Skype: chrishallsworth7266
Yahoo! Messenger: christopherh40@xxxxxxxxx
Klango: chrishallsworth

-----Original Message-----
From: jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Alex Midence
Sent: 14 September 2009 5:28 PM
To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: hardware that are accessible with jaws

Is realtek a soundcard or a Video Card?  I've always had good results with
the creative labs equipment.  My laptop uses something called Sigma Tel
Audio.  It came with my Dell Laptop and I know absolutely nothing about it
beyond the name and that it seems to work quite well with Jaws.  At least, I
haven't had any issues with eloquence or the realspeak voices that come with
JFW 10 nor was there any trouble with the scansoft sapi5 version of these
voices.  8 gbs?  Wow, that's a lot.  You know, you might look into seeing if
Apple's natural voices would work well with jaws and adding it to your pc.
It's supposed to be much more human-sounding than the sapi 5 stuff out
there.  They reportedly read by paragraph instead of by sentence making for
a much more seamless experience akin to artificial-sounding voices like the
ones in Eloquence.  I've never heard it myself but it sounds exciting and
very ram-intensive.  The thing is even supposed to mimic pauses brought on
by breathing.  I don't know whether to be impressed or creeped out by that
one but, I imagine I'd want to get my hands on it if it turned out that Jaws
could be made to work with it in some operating system like Windows 7.

Cheers,Alex