RE: hardware that are accessible with jaws

  • From: "Joseph Lee" <joseph.lee22590@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 09:26:52 -0700

Hi Rissal and list,
Here's my opinions and a two cents worth...
Every human historical discoveries were made due to this one, simple phrase:
initiation to research and experiment. We the members of the list are here
because we want to share information thanks to months and years of usage,
research and experiments about JAWS for Windows. As such, I do agree with
few folks here that the below topic about building one's hardware for the
benefit of using JAWS would be, in my opinion, theoretically on topic.
However, there must come a time when it is better to do research on a
person's own time, then when the person feels that he or she has exhausted
with research and find nothing, then post to a list like this, detailing
what this person wants to do and that individual's research findings. This
suggestion has two supports: first, it tells the list members that the
potential builder/user in question is determined and has done some research
about this, and second, with the information gathered from that poster's
research findings, list members can recommend such and such hardware and/or
software that works with JAWS.
In my opinion, Rissal's post would be on topic because the final objective
is to use JAWS and, perhaps few years later, give his contribution to this
list in helping potential JFW users. But, in my view, it would have helped
us if Rissal has provided his research findings, such as answers from
hardware and software review sites, opinions from somebody who is an expert
on this, and so forth - which could have been used by the list to recommend
such and such hardware. So, in agreement with fellow list members, I dearly
suggest and recommend that you (Rissal) perform some research about this
product, so that when you post next time with few answers from your
research, such as recommended processor or JAWS version, we may give you
useful suggestions that will benefit not only you, but others in the future
when that individual would learn from your experience.
I know that you do have heart for JFW. Don't give up until you have come up
with your own specs (through your searching and recommendations from others
here) so that you can pass your own suggestions to future users. Thanks.
Note: Because of the list policies, I will not publically comment about this
thread any more.