Re: gold wave

  • From: Keith Gillard <kgillard@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 19:56:08 -0600

Nice one...rocker

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dave Durber" <dadurber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, August 19, 2005 3:45 PM
Subject: Re: gold wave

There are two methods for doing this:

Method 1:

Just before you want to record the sound file, press <INSERT+V> to
open the "verbosity" menu.

Press the <END> key to go to the bottom of the list box.  JAWS says

synthesizer - on

Press <ENTER> to turn the speech off and close the list box.

Now press the key  in GoldWave that starts the recording and press the
play button on the external sound source.

When the recording has finished, press the key that stops recording
the file in GoldWave and the stop button on the external sound source
and repeat the steps above to turn speech on again.

Method two:

Just before you want to record the sound file, press <INSERT+CTRL+S>.
This key combination opens the "select synthesizer" dialog box.

Press the letter <N> to select the "no speech" choice.

Press <ENTER> to activate the "no speech" option and close the "select
synthesizer" dialog box.

Now press the key  in GoldWave that starts the recording and press the
play button on the external sound source.

When the recording has finished, press the key that stops recording
the file in GoldWave and the stop button on the external sound source.

Press <INSERT+CTRL+S> to open the "select synthesizer" dialog box,
press the letter <E> to select the Eloquence synthesizer choice and
press <ENTER> to activate your choice and close the "select
synthesizer" dialog box.

HTH

Sincerely:

Dave Durber

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 09:24:56 -0600, you wrote:

MessageGold Wave is extremely accessible. There are jfw scripts but you don't really need them. I think jfw will show up in your recording. There is a way to circumvent this but I don't know how. Other's on this list have more expertise then I.

Good luck...rocker

----- Original Message ----- From: mark