Re: gmail and folders

  • From: Soronel Haetir <soronel.haetir@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 08:00:41 -0800

It's not quite the same but that's what the gmail label feature is for.

Use the add label button to create the desired label then add a filter
to sort incoming messages.  They will still all show up under the
normal Inbox list (unless archived) but you can limit what is
displayed to just one label, or even unread messages with a particular
label (I think you have to manually add "is:Unread" to the search box
for that.

On 9/14/10, Shannon Hannah <shannonhannah74@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Can I make new folders in my gmail account? I would like to make filters for
> the groups I am on, the same way I have it set in OE. Thanks for any help!
> --
> JFW related links:
> Alternative archives located at:

Soronel Haetir