Re: function keys

  • From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <Dorothy.ingram-gorban@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 21:53:43 +0100

 I wonder if you have an old keyboard knocking around, some keys can fall out
or not work,keyboards get dirty, my dell desktop keyboard was brand knew,but
keys as important as the  cursor keys and the numberlock key were faulty  an
engineer ordered a new keyboard for me,it is laid out as I like them 2 windows
keys and 6 pack in right order. ,the new is great, so I put the dell keyboard
onto my laptop ,since I find it easy to use than the laptop keys and the laptop
can be put on something more supportive than my lap and I can push it round
house.Odd thing is the keyboard has no flaws  attached to the laptop,,like the
number key not unlocking,  and the cursor keys work well, someone is sure to
have an old keyboard and you can  adapt it I see the list has given
suggestions. I wonder if you can use the print screen key for the moment,whilst
you see what else is knocking around Dorothy