Re: framework.net update

  • From: "Will Pearson" <will-pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 00:46:53 -0000

Hi,

You shouldn't need to install any version of the .Net framework to fix
problems with IE.  IE is not a .Net application, and therefore does not
utilise the .Net framework.  You can run IE fine on systems without the .Net
framework installed.

If you are experiencing problems with IE, they're likely caused by something
else, probably system rot or some less than trustworthy software, not your
lack of v1.1 of the .Net framework.

If you still wish to download the .Net framework 1.1, you should be able to
get this from Windows Update, I think it's SP 1 that's currently available
for 1.1, or you can download it from the downloads section of MSDN
(http://msdn.microsoft.com).

Will Pearson
Microsoft MVP (Visual Developer/VC++)