first letter nav. in word

  • From: "Rich Hamel" <rcham27@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 13:16:06 -0500

Hi List;
   I have JAWS 6 and X P.
When I go to "my documents" in "word", My first letter navigation does not
work exactly right.
I go to  my list of folders and when I type the first letter of a document,
JAWS does not read the line, or folder, that I am on. When I hit insert 8 it
reads the line.

 JAWS works properly while in H J pad.

While in "word", I have tried altering the setting in files of type. Neither
"all files" or "all word documents" seems to make a difference.

Thank you for the help.

Rich