Re: find command with IE

  • From: "Flor Lynch" <florlync@xxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 03:22:43 -0000

Yes, I know what you mean.  However, JAWS uses the same virtual cursor
(JAWS reading, etc.) environment for reading in both IE and Outlook
Express.  Microsoft Windows does not use the ctrl-F Find command for
both Outlook Express and Windows Explorer.  It is not exact duplication.
Furthermore, do you want the JAWS Find Command not to work in any
instances where the ctrl-f Windows command does not work either?  Judith
has given you her experience in general of some cases where the ctrl-f
in IE does not appear to work.  Someone else has mentioned the instance
of text on buttons, where it does not work and the JAWS Find command
does.  Does that clarify for you what I mean?  If you really do have a
problem with the JAWS command, I would suggest you address it with
Freedom Scieitnfic directly.  You are the young Zen monk in this case,
to use your earlier example.  Nothing wrong with that.