Re: file compression

  • From: "Adam Daou" <adam.daou@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 01:12:15 -0500

Hi Dianna,
I think it's better to find out about the number of files as well as the
type and size of each one, If the total size is less than the limit imposed
by the IPS (Internet Service Provider), they can be sent as an attachment.
Otherwise, the person would have to send a few at a time within the limit
authorized. Now, if they are really big for the IPS, let's say 20, 200, or
higher, the person would have to use a more sophisticated one on one
communication software or place them on a server. If the person you
mentioned has access to programming tools or to a friendly programmer, a
file no matter how big it is can be cut into several pieces and sent to the
recipient with a small program to rebuild it.Warning: sending a huge file
too big for the IPS could block Outlook Express if the person is using it. I
had  this problem before and I resolved it offline by deleting the file in
the Outbox folder. If the person you mentioned is not on the list and needs
more info, please feel free to give them my email address.
Adam