external hard disk

  • From: Moti Azrad <motia@xxxxxxx>
  • To: helpneeded list <help_needed_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, access-uk list <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Jfw List <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 09:08:48 +0200

Hi to you, all.

I've a friend who purchased a new external hard disk.
His purpose is to use it as an external hard disk for only saving there music
files and other kind of data.
He is a totally blind pc user with Ilm Jaws 6 and windows xp hoem edition.
The question is:
When he connects this external hard disk, does he need to activate his Jaws Ilm
authorisation and loosing one key or not?

second,  when he connects this external 400
GB hard disk, does he need to connect the usb cable only or he must connect his
external hard disk first to the electricity power?

I didn't use this product and I told him to ask his question here.

Many thanks for any help.

Moti

Moti Azrad
Musician & Piano-Tuner