RE: explaning function of files under "explore my settings" in Jaws

  • From: "Delaunay Christophe" <christophe.delaunay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 10:09:49 +0200

Hi Renette,

.jcf files are application-specific jaws configuration files. You
generally create or modify a .jcf file when you press <insert+6> of the
qwerty keypad while you are in a given application.

Of course, you can always delete a .jcf file but by doing this, you
loose your personal settings for the given application.

For instance, the outlook.jcf file stores your personal settings for
Microsoft Outlook. If you delete outlook.jcf from your personal settings
folder, you will loose them and then, the next time you enter Microsoft
Outlook, jaws will behave as defined by the shared settings, (generally
the outlook.jcf file contained in c:\documents and settings\all
users\freedom scientific\jaws\<your version>\settings\enu".

HTH. Have a nice day. Chris D