Re: excel protect cells problems

  • From: "Bob Verity" <rtverity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 14:37:58 -0500

I can not speak for Excel 2010 but I use Excel 2007 and this is what works.

1. block the cells you wish to be editable.
2. press control 1 (that's 1 on the number row)
3. press left arrow, you should be in the protection payne of this dialog
4. arrow down and this should be a check box and uncheck it
5. tab to OK and hit enter

after you protect the sheet you should be able to edit these cells.

HTH