Re: english spellchecker

  • From: "Adrian Spratt" <A.Spratt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 14:42:15 -0500

Without MS Word, OE has no spell-checker. As a WordPerfect user, this dependency proved onerous because I had to purchase Word to get my email spell-checked in OE. I assure you that even though the spell-checker in MS Word and OE operate differently, OE draws on MS Word's database. A counter automotive analogy occurs to me, but I don't want to sicken other list members with foolish distractions.

From: "Adrian Spratt" <A.Spratt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi, Amando.

I don't know the answer, but I have a suggestion. As you probably know, Outlook Express doesn't have a spell-checker. It incorporates the spell-checker that you have in MS Word. Obviously, your MS Word is also a Dutch version. But you might contact Microsoft to inquire if there's a way of using the MS Word dictionary to enable you to spell-check OE messages that you write in English.

Good luck.