embedded items.

  • From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <Dorothy.ingram-gorban@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "org, jfw@freelists. " <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 22:01:39 -0000

 dear list I hear you refer to items being embedded at times.  I once had a
former isp remain embedded on my laptop,was told it was due to manner it was
put on with CD. ,after moving to Zen it went on advertising itself in windows
and nothing could shift it. One day a VIP friend came to call and said"I can
get rid of it you have to remove from registry, I watched him run one of those
cleaner things you mention at times.   Jaws made a dreadful fuss and in the end
the computer had to be cleaned off professionally the embedded isp was said to
be merely cosmetic. . but I hated itI am sure you clever folk are used to
tinkering in registry But remember  Jaws  was not one bit happy    regards
dorothy