Re: email not downloading while on line

  • From: "john r. vaughn" <jrvaughn44@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 15:34:01 -0500

Judith, here is some step by step help on setting up OE:
1. from your "in box", bring up the menue's with the alt key, then the
letter T for tools and then the letter O for options.
2. you are now in the outlook express options dialogue and probably on the
general options tab.  in this dialogue box you can set various general
options for how outlook express works.
3.   as you tab through this dialogue box, you can get help for each control
by doing a shift key plus F1 combination for specific help, use the escape
key to close the help topic and press tab to move along to the next control
in the dialogue box.
4. tab through the dialogue box until you get to the check box on whether
you want OE to check for new mail on some sort of regular basis while you
are working in OE during each  session.
5. use the space bar to check or uncheck the item.  I have my check box
checked.
6. tab once more and you can use the combo box to set how many minutes you
want between a check for new mail.  I have mine set for every 5 minutes.
7. now tab over to okay and press enter
note you can check the other pages on this multi page dialogue box by using
control key plus tab key to go to other tabs that let you make other changes
in how OE works for you and you can use the built in help noted above for
each  control.
goo luck
john sunny florida