eTrust Antivirus/AntiSpam

  • From: "Debbie Scales" <debbie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 18:34:47 -0400

Road Runner and I think earth link have started offering the eTrust suite
from Computer Associates to its customers.  Since my Norton subscription had
expired, I decided to give them a try.
The programs are not very accessible and required scripting.
I have tried to script all the dialogs to make them accessible.
If anyone installs this suite ( with sighted assistance) and wants to try my
scripts for the antivirus program, I can send you the scripts which I
developed in Jaws 7.1.  They may work in other versions of Jaws though.  If
you want to use the antispam feature, I can tell you the script changes you
need to make to the Outlook Express file to have access to the toolbar.  In
outlook, EZ Antispam puts an entry on your actions menu.
Write me privately at debbie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'm not currently using the firewall.  I did install it, and the pop ups are
accessible, although the configuration dialogs need scripting, or extensive
use of the jaws cursor.  If there is interest, I could work on scripts for
the firewall.
Realize that nobody has tried these scripts but me, and the program was not
very accessible at all, so I have done the best I could, smile, but you will
be testing the suite along with me.
Debbie