Re: eTrust Antivirus 7.0 Accessibility with JFW

  • From: "Flor Lynch" <florlync@xxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 00:42:29 -0000

Hi Gary,

I don't think there's been much done about it at their end.  Like you,
I'd been getting an expiration notice (on 6.3) - which began happening
at the beginning of last week whenever I booted up, and so I felt
compelled to download the 7 version.  I have received 4 or 5 infected
files since then, and I've been warned about them by the program.  (You
will find, also, that you can't download update signatures with your
current version, getting an error when you try it.)  One can get byy
with version 7 - they seem to like using initial letters, like 'cl' for
Close Button, and when you're Installing, 'I Button@ for both I Accept
and I Decline, on the License screen.  Get ready for graphical
shortcuts!  However, Once I updated to 7. whatever follows the decimal,
I don't seem to be getting the expiration notices.  It is doing its job.
I also have it set to download automatically, as I had previously (I
believe the settings are transferred into the new version).