Re: eBooks and Podcasts

  • From: "Russ & Valerie" <valruss@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2006 10:01:31 -0500

The I-Pod Shuffle has buttons for navigation, unlike the touch screen of the
other models. The basic shuffle holds 512 Mb. Plenty for e-books or music. It's
very small, and convenient.

I bought one for my daughter and she loves it; it came free with an AUDIBLE.COM
subscription. The shuffle is $129.99, but you can find deals on it on the web.

I know I said e-books, but I might be wrong about that. Another handy device is
Book Port or Book Courier. These devices are handy and can handle many file
types, including text, audible files, a number of e-book formats. Down side is
that they are $350-$395.

I'm in the process of deciding which I want to purchase for myself.

HTH
        - russ.