disconnect prompt

  • From: "Larry" <tracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "JAWS List Serve" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 08:08:37 -0400

Hello List,
I have always had a JAWS prompt on the screen when using ALT F4 to disconnect
from Windows Mail or the Internet.  The three choices on the prompt screen said
Do you want to "Disconnect now, Stay connected or Cancel".  After the Toshiba
laptop with Vista and the latest version of JAWS came back from a technician at
a local computer repair facility, this prompt is absent following Alt F4.
After closing out say Windows Mail, Now I cannot stay connected or disconnect
from  the internet as a choice, but instead have to shut down the computer to
get off the telephone dial-up connection.  The tech who originally "cleaned up"
my machine worked 2 1/2 hours to retrieve the JAWS prompt, but time and
frustration gave way to a better sense!  Thus, I ask the scholars on the list
for a step by step resolution that hopefully may involve a simple check or
uncheck situation.
Thank You,
Larry